Volunteering at the PRWC
Anxious to put your values to the test?
Fly like an eagle and volunteer today with the Peace River Wildlife Center in Punta Gorda, Florida.
Currently the center has over 100 active volunteers contributing more than 12,000 hours a year in the service of injured wild birds or wild animals. They make a significant difference for the creatures they serve and they bring the Peace River Wildlife Center’s mission to life, whether they are involved in education, fund raising, or wildlife work.
Here are some of the ways you can serve as a volunteer
- as a tour guide for guests who visit the center
- as a teacher visiting schools and other groups giving educational talks
- as an aviary and habitat cleaner
- as a bird and animal rehabber
- as an administrative assistant in the office
- as a computer specialist for the website
- as a grant writer
- as a feature writer for articles
- as a public relations specialist
- as a maintenance specialist: carpenter, electrician, or plumber
- as a special events coordinator helping to secure the center’s future
- be at least 16 years old
- fill out an application that identifies your volunteer interests
- schedule your interview with the center’s director
- attend an orientation and training session